Be a Knight After Hours

Provided by npenn.org

Provided by npenn.org

Daelin Brown, Staff Writer

North Penn offers athletics, clubs, and programs that touch on just about every interest possible. With 53 clubs, 23 sports teams, and numerous programs currently existing at North Penn, it baffles me to see students that are involved in nothing. Going to a school with over 3,000 kids, it would be useless after 3 years to not have met new people and made new friends. Being involved in North Penn’s extracurricular activities would help one to meet people that share similar interests with them.

With high school comes the anxieties of not being able to fit in. Involving oneself with something he or she is interested in would solve this issue of not fitting in. Students will easily fit in at an after school activity if it is something they are good at or have an interest in.

Being placed in an atmosphere where everyone is a stranger can be pretty uncomfortable and overwhelming. Being able to recognize someone from an after school activity makes a situation like that, a little less terrifying. The anxiety and pressure that classrooms bring can be brought down by having someone to start small-talk with.

Speaking up is also a common fear for most students. This is unfortunate because the most quiet or antisocial kids have the best thoughts, but they are too afraid to share. Being more comfortable with the people around North Penn may help you to be more outgoing and open about speaking.

Being that homecoming just passed, there has been a similar trend every year of who becomes King and Queen. The King and Queen are usually people who are very involved in school. Getting involved in the abundant amount of activities that are provided at North Penn, is a way to get people to know you. Even if you wouldn’t consider yourself the most “popular” in your grade, being able to greet the majority of the people you see in the hallway is more accomplishing.

Most students at North Penn could tell you that they don’t even know everyone in their grade. That statement is pretty understandable being that there are approximately 1,000 kids per grade, but making an effort to meet a handful of people in your grade over the course of three years, could make high school an unforgettable experience.