With the prom clock counting down, senior class awaits the night of their lives

Image courtesy of http://drexelbrookcatering.com/

The elegant exterior of Drexelbrook awaits the NPHS class of 2016 Senior Prom this Saturday evening, May 14th.

Molly Dooling, Staff Writer

Senior girls and boys alike have been buzzing around the school discussing all the latest details about the latest NPHS event; Senior Prom. For months, girls have been prepping themselves for this special night by purchasing the finest dress, getting them fitted, and finally making their hair and nail appointments. Although the boys only have to rent their tuxes, they have the huge responsibility of getting the perfect corsage or bouquet for their date; the item that completes the entire look.

The prom will be held at Drexelbrook Catering and Special Event Center. The prom has been held here for the past few years because it is one of the only venues in the area that can accommodate our large class size. Doors open at 6pm and the students can dance the night away until 11pm. Dinner is to be served at 7:15pm starting with a salad, then the choice of one of three entrees, and unlimited trips to the ice cream bar for dessert.

When the students arrive to Drexelbrook, they can take pictures with their friends or have them professionally taken inside another ballroom.  Prom goers can also wait in line to be interviewed by North Penn’s own Ms. Young and Mr. Manero. The teachers ask where the girls bought their dresses and how the couples arrived to the prom, whether it be by car, party bus or limo. The interviews are recorded and later put on NPTV for the community to watch.

The prom this year does not have a specific theme. Instead, the prom committee based the dance around a color scheme with the main color being a shade of maroon. Member of the prom committee Jackie Dale knows that the students were uneasy about the idea of the “no theme” prom, so she explained the situation.

“I know a lot of people are upset about that but it’s very hard to base the prom around a theme when we don’t really get to put up any decorations.”

None the less, the 2015 senior prom will still be an incredible night for all who attend. Dale says that the prom should go off without a hitch with all the hard work that’s been put forth to make this dance a success.

“Everyone on the prom committee is working as hard as they can to make sure this is a night that none of us will ever forget. Josh Bower [senior class president] is the main person behind the job and is working day in and out to make sure everything is perfect for our class.”

The prom is sure to surpass everyone’s expectations with flying colors, and will certainly be an unforgettable night.