Meet German exchange student, Pia Wolf

Pia+Wolf%2C.+a+German+exchange+student+at+NPHS%2C+will+continue+her+stay+for+one+full+semester.+

Suasn Thomas

Pia Wolf,. a German exchange student at NPHS, will continue her stay for one full semester.

Susan Thomas, Staff Writer

TOWAMENCIN – If you’re bummed out about not meeting any one of the forty German exchange students who visited NPHS last week you still have a chance to meet Pia Wolf. Wolf, an exchange student from Aalen Germany, is visiting NPHS for an entire semester.

Wolf is skilled in many areas. This year she played on NPHS’s Girl’s Volleyball Team. Not only is she an athlete but she is an experienced dancer. Back in Germany she had taken modern dance lessons for numerous years. This year, she will be taking hip hop classes. When she’s not dancing to the beat of the music or taking part in any other sport, Wolf works on her musical talent. She has been taking guitar lessons for one and a half years now.

By realizing that she has a propensity to try new things it is not a surprise to me that she takes a variety of electives at NPHS. She is currently taking Digital photography, Contemporary Music, Audio Engineering, Independent living, and Biology. Although, Wolf is a sophomore in Germany she mentions about taking some senior classes along with her electives at NPHS.

Like many of the German exchange students, Wolf was introduced to the English language early in grade school. She plans on becoming multilingual by majoring in English, Italian and Latin in her high school Schubart Gymnasium. In the future, she looks towards joining the health field and helping everyday people.

Wolf mentioned on how excited she was about sightseeing and shopping in New York City. She was delighted about finally being able to go see what NYC is like after hearing so much about how beautiful it is. Also, Wolf happily shared her experience with me about trying Mexican food in America. She claims that even though Germany has many Mexican restaurants nothing can beat Chipotle Mexican Grill. She finds a lot of the dishes to be enjoyable especially the burritos.

“Better Mexican restaurants in America. So tasty!”

Even though her stay in America is a memorable and exciting experience the fun doesn’t keep her from missing her family and friends back home. Wolf is the second and youngest child in her family. She has a twenty one year older brother studying in a University.

Although NPHS is known for having about 4,000 students as well as its immense size, finding time get to know the new people can really make their day and yours.