Annual pickleball tournament is back: How do your skills stack up with the rest of North Penn?

Scott Vogel, Staff Writer

This Thursday night, come out and enjoy a night of competitive fun at the annual Pickleball Tournament! Due to the College Fair being moved to this Tuesday, the Pickleball Tournament has been postponed to Thursday, March 12th.

Always drawing a big crowd, the tournament is a series of two-on-two games of either students or staff battling for supremacy on the hardwood. Mr. Keith Clauss, a North Penn phys-ed teacher, looks forward to hosting the event.

“It’s a great way to get the kids together,” Clauss said. “We’ve had 60 teams in the past, and the kids really seem to enjoy it. We actually had to make a cut off that year, the tournament took three or four hours to do!”

Sign-ups will be starting around 6:30 in the Sports Lobby, followed by an explanation of the rules and a setup of a bracket at 7. From there, it’s a double elimination round-robin style tournament. Each team must pay a $5 fee, and the proceeds will go towards AMBUCS, a non-profit service organization dedicated to creating mobility and independence for people with disabilities.

“With the proceeds, we actually hope to get another blue mobility bike for the special ed students here, so we are hoping for a big turnout from the students,” Clauss said.

So, come on out and enjoy a night of jubilant competition with your peers this Thursday night, in the boy’s gym.