HVAC malfunction prompts schoolwide evacuation, students back inside


Ethan Beleiff

Students evacuate NPHS after a 7:04am fire alarm on Friday, December 9, 2022.

LANSDALE— Alarms ushered students out of North Penn High School this morning at around 7:04 a.m. due to an HVAC system malfunction in the school’s second floor.

“The fire alarm was triggered at North Penn High School due to a malfunction in an HVAC unit on the second floor. Students and staff were evacuated and everyone is safe… We appreciate your patience,” Dr. Bauer stated in a district-wide email.

All Clear: Emergency vehicles responded to NPHS shortly after 7am on Friday, December 9 for a fire alarm. (Knight Crier )

Fire personnel from Towamencin Volunteer Company, Fairmount Fire Company, and Upper Gwynnedd Fire Company arrived at the scene over the following hour in response.

At around 7:50 a.m. staff and students were given the go-ahead to move back into the building, where the school day was resumed with a modified bell schedule.