Knight Likes

Knight+Likes

Molly Dooling, Staff Writer

Knight Like: Graduation

Commencement; also known as the biggest day of a senior’s life. We spend our whole high school career waiting for this magical day. It’s the day you’re finally out of NPHS, the day you get to embark your new and unknown journey, the day your life starts. For many students, graduation means heading off to a college or university to further their knowledge in an interested area. For others, it means finding a suitable job, taking a year off to travel, or joining the armed forces. However, no matter what path a student decides to take, we will always be able to come back together and remember that we are a part part of something bigger, the NPHS Class of 2015. And as the season of graduation quickly approaches, students are eagerly waiting to close this chapter of their lives and open a new one.

Knight Dislike: Never Seeing Friends Again

Along with graduating high school comes the idea of moving away from home and leaving behind countless memories and friendships. As a senior, not knowing if you and one of your best friends will stay in contact is one of the scariest concepts of moving onto college. You have talked to this person every day for the past three years, and to have the chance of that relationship just disappearing is upsetting. Everyone understands this is just a fact of moving on, but it still doesn’t make students feel any better. We have spent practically every waking moment with our high school friends, and the possibility of never seeing some of them again makes it challenging to begin our new path as college students.