Lady Knights quell Patriots

Eric Beideman

Mia Melchior drives and is fouled in Tuesday’s match up against C.B. East.

Eric Beideman, Staff Writer

TOWAMENCIN – Left with a bad taste in their mouth following a self proclaimed “bad” non league loss in a tournament in Maryland on Sunday, the Lady Knights basketball team looked to come out and get back on track against the Lady Patriots of C.B. East. And they were more than able to do just that, easily toppling C.B. East 55-25

The Lady Knights got off to a blazing start, and after a whirlwind of a first half, North Penn found themselves up 32-5. All of North Penn’s starters looked to be in mid-season form, and nothing the Lady Patriots tried could break them from that.

Late in the second period East implemented a full court press in order to put more pressure on North Penn and try to affect change in the game, however the Lady Knights were able to turn this into their advantage, easily picking through the press for easy uncontested points.

“We play every game like it matters, and nothing changes even when we start winning big,” Sophomore Mia Melchior said after the game. Melchior was a key component for the Knights on Tuesday, and even though she came off the bench, she still had 12 points in the contest.

In the second half the Knights were able to keep the pedal to the floor, easily cruising to the 55-25 win.

“We were very unselfish today,” Melchior said. “We shared the ball well. It was a great team effort.”

North Penn looks to stay on track Friday night when they take on the Panthers of Quakertown.