May the J-Prom be with you

The+2016+junior+Prom+will+transport+students+to+a+galaxy+not+far+away.+

Madi Peyton

The 2016 junior Prom will transport students to a galaxy not far away.

Madi Peyton, Staff Writer

TOWAMENCIN – Calling all Storm troopers, Jedis, and Yodas alike; Star Wars Across The Stars is traveling across the universe to transport the Junior Prom into a galactic night like no other.

Tucked away in J13 is the home base of The Junior Class Cabinet who has been tirelessly at work to transform North Penn High School into a starry night for Saturday March 19th. From the hours of 7-10 PM, you can embrace your inner space travel and attend the prom of the century. Ticket sales will be held in the cafeteria and will go from February 29- March 4 for $30 apiece and March 7- March 11 for $35 apiece.

Head troopers of the planning process are Ms. Meg Jermain and Mr. Christopher Frey. As their advisers, they have played a crucial part in making all the prom constellations complete. When asked about this year’s prom, Frey couldn’t contain his excitement over what’s in store.

“We’re going to have a great time. It’s going to be unlike anything we have ever done. Star Wars is not your traditional theme so it’s something you will never forget. If you ask your parents what their junior prom theme was, chances are they won’t remember. I guarantee you will never forget. Every time you see a Star Wars movie or hear of it you will remember your junior prom,” Frey said.

PROM POSTER 2

With a night to be remembered forever, there are endless possibilities to be had. Come with a group of friends, a date, or even alone and bask in the starry galaxy that will be Junior Prom. With a universe of opportunities in front of them, the Junior Class Cabinet went above and beyond.  Frey listed just a few aspects that are going to make the night one of a kind.

“There is going to be great food catered by the tech school. They have put together an array of desserts following the theme and we even had the chance to sample beforehand. We have a photo booth coming which has never been at the junior prom, we’re going to have a picture area, and the decorations are going to transform the high school. Overall, it’s going to look like a real classy place.”

Though outer space itself may be endless, time is not. Class Cabinet President Kyra Frant sure felt the pressure of organizing an event for the entire junior class.

“Just coming off of planning Winter Ball, there’s been a bit of a time crunch to jump into Junior Prom. We all really had to stay focused and organized to work together as a cohesive unit to make this night like no other. But we’ve been working really hard these past few weeks on planning and figuring out the perfect decorations to make the prom both Star Wars oriented yet classy with the starry galaxy aspect.”
With all of the excitement over the theme this year, many preparations are in store to complete the night. Kyra Frant assures that the prom atmosphere will be unlike any other. Some surprises may even be in store for the night.

“I don’t want to say much but there will definitely be stars everywhere. We really want to transform North Penn into its own universe and there may even be a special projection to do this. Something you could also see is an extra special security team for the night. We have a lot of great things in the works so come check it out,” Frant said.

Class of 2017, May the prom be with you. Make March 19th a night to remember.