This week’s Korner explores some critical themes…

This weeks Korner explores some critical themes...

Kate Knab, Staff Writer

Dearest friends of the Korner, and the rest of North Penn who have stumbled upon my reflections by happenstance, I have grave news in regards in to our beloved weekly Tuesday installment. This week I’m tackling priorities, literal priorities in my very real-life life that I live outside of these four corners of cyberspace, and I’ve come to the very disheartening conclusion that also this week, the Korner is just not one of them (my priorities I mean, as last time I checked the Korner is still as sharp as ever).

As I’m sure the rest of North Penn is painfully aware, it’s critical paper season, and even I am still subject to one final go-around, a last hurrah if you will, that is, if you can call eight to ten pages of critical analysis anything except cruel and unusual.

That being said, my very own eight to ten pages of mediocre analysis and block quotes is due next Monday, so I guarantee a high quality Korner written by someone who will be very high on life by that point. But here I am now, less than two pages into it, and instead of making an effort to finish it, I’m explaining myself to all of you. If you couldn’t tell, I have a great system going for me…

Honestly I have no real guide for conquering the critical paper because like the rest of the harried masses I, too, will be up until 11:55 the night before it’s due on turnitin.com trying to get everything perfect. Well, maybe 11:30 because I’ve committed to college. As of right now, I’m telling myself to write two pages every night this week, and if anyone can talk to me Saturday without losing his or her neck, I’ll call that a win. But if not, well, engage at your own risk. You’ve been warned.

A mere 300 words and already I can feel my paper beckoning for me to return. I apologize for the brevity of our encounter this week, North Penn, but as I mentioned before, priorities. I’m feeling that failing twelfth grade English class might not bode well for a future English major, but in keeping with true Korner form, I’ll sign off with a little nod towards the obvious: if you stay up until midnight finishing a paper you had three weeks to complete, you’re probably an AP student. Until next week!