The Knight Crier

• RANDOM KNIGHT OF THE DAY: 4/11/19: Cynthia Johnson! Have a great day Cynthia!

Pudge’s – A New Mouth Watering Destination

Ray Gerhart

A famous Pudge's Cheesteak ready to be served

Ray Gerhart, Staff Writer

KULPSVILLE – Pudge’s steaks and hoagies has been a staple of the Blue Bell community for over 47 years, now that staple has expanded to Towamencin.

Pudge’s has been famous for their cheesesteaks and Italian hoagies for almost five decades, earning all kinds of awards including Best of Philadelphia twice. Now that owner Barbara Williams has expanded to Towamencin they can share their delicious food with the North Penn community.

Pudge’s of Towamencin is located right next to Towamencin beverage on Sumneytown pike. When you walk in it looks like just another steak and hoagie shop but then your food arrives. The standard cheesesteak is a hefty twelve inches and thirteen ounces and loaded with juicy meat, caramelized onions, and delicious cheese.

Come to Pudge’s hungry or you will not get through one of their delicious sandwiches. Loaded with meat and cheese this is a sandwich you do not want to pass up. Only about a five minute drive from the high school it could become the new place for half-day lunches for North Penn students.

Customers who are familiar with the Blue Bell location might be disappointed to find out that this new location does not serve pasta or deliver, But with friendly service and fantastic food you will want to stop in.

Owner Barbara Williams said her favorite part of owning Pudge’s is “Carrying on my parent’s legacy.” And 9:00 Saturday when you get to go home.”

“I like how the only thing that has changed is where it is” North Penn student Shaan Prabhakar said.

As for the future of Pudge’s Williams said they have no plans on expanding further just yet but with this new location it opens up a lot of opportunity for the North Penn area to get a taste of what Pudge’s has to offer.

Pudge’s is located on Sumneytown Pike adjacent to Towamencin Beverage in Kulpsville.

2 Comments

2 Responses to “Pudge’s – A New Mouth Watering Destination”

1. Shannon Clare on November 16th, 2011 3:14 pm

Word of advice to all who order cheesesteaks… THEY ARE ABOUT TWO FEET LONG EACH!!!!!! So dont order too many lol cause if you do you’ll be eating cheesesteak leftovers for a while

2. Mike Swanson on January 23rd, 2012 2:16 pm

I was excited when I heard a good cheesesteak was coming in at Pudge’s current location because I live right around the corner. It is a quality cheese-steak joint and not just another pizza place who also makes “cheesesteaks”. Pudge’s is a hit with my friends and I now and i am a frequent customer. And don’t listen to Shannon ^ their cheesesteaks are big but you wouldn;t want to leave hungry so order two; they’ll give you a bag for take-out.

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• Pudge’s – A New Mouth Watering Destination

Cuisine

Playa Bowls review: trendy meets healthy

Cuisine

SAT Breakfast ideas guaranteed for success

Cuisine

Ranking grocery store sushi rolls

Cuisine

Top 10 Best Super Bowl Recipes

Cuisine

What do North Penn students eat?

Cuisine

Leftovers from Thanksgiving? Turn them into these unique meals

Cuisine

Fill your Thanksgiving table with these 15 recipes

Cuisine

18 years and no Chipotle…until now

Cuisine

Pumpkin spice and everything nice

Cuisine

Nino’s Pizza, a legendary Lansdale landmark

Online News Day or Knight - Official news site of North Penn High School - 1340 Valley Forge Rd. Lansdale, PA