We’ve got Spirit, how about you?

Knight Crier staff participates in North Penn’s ‘Western Wednesday.’

Scott Vogel, Staff Writer

TOWAMENCIN- “I like the North Penn School District, but it’s nothing special.” These are some worrying words coming from North Penn senior Blake Rees, as he believes Spirit Week is one big sham.

It’s early October, and that means that once again Homecoming is upon us. As the Homecoming Court gets geared up for center stage on Friday night, Spirit Week has struck the student body — with a very dull thud.

“[Monday] at school we had our first day of Spirit Week, ‘Merica Monday, and I could probably count on only two hands of how many people I saw dress up,” said Cara Landis, another senior at North Penn.

As the week drags on, it seems that less and less students are participating in the events. The reason why, though, seems up in the air. For the sophomores, it seems to be a paranoia attributed to social status at this ‘Big Apple’ of schools.

“I think the current sophomores are kind of nervous, or else they just don’t like to participate in things like [Spirit Week]. I would like to [participate], but I don’t have anything [oriented to the days],” said Ricky Henning, one of the sophomores at the high school.

Meanwhile, the juniors get to play the “too worried about doing well in the most important year” card to avoid dressing up for Spirit Week.

“Juniors are in the middle, and are too cool for clothes. Although, last year I was usually too busy to put much effort into outfits either, so I understand the struggle,” stated senior Jen Yacovelli.

However, the seniors have no real excuse. The seniors set the tone across all the grades, and part of that responsibility is to inspire the sophomores and the juniors to challenge themselves.

“Yes, I believe senior spirit is definitely lacking around the student body. I am not sure why there is a lack of spirits, though. I think seniors are just too lazy and have too much ‘senioritis’ to do anything anymore,” said Landis.

To the Class of 2015, dare to be different. Be a role model for your younger peers around you and set a good example for the student body to follow.

“I think this year the homecoming spirit days are a lot better because they are different and I think a lot of people are enjoying them more,” said senior Leiana Dean.

Those who are participating are certainly having a blast.