Pregame party and crowning ceremony highlight Homecoming 2015

Madi Peyton

Chris Jeffries and Jamie Devine were crowned the 2015 Homecoming King and Queen. Here they are shown posing with the first and second runners up.

Madi Peyton, Staff Writer

TOWAMENCIN – North Penn’s spirit didn’t fail to shine bright on Friday, October 9th,  for the annual Homecoming festivities, even though rain and a tornado warning started off the evening.

Back for the fifth year, the Pregame Party was hosted by the Student Government Association (SGA) for students to come out and get pumped for the Homecoming football game. With music, cookie corner cookies, and food catered by Cav’s, the event proved to be popular among students, despite being held in the cafeteria instead of the usual courtyard venue.

“I really like the music and the games. I’m having a lot of fun supporting the North Penn team,” said senior Bryce O’Dell.

Uniting a school of over 3,000 students posed no problem for the SGA, said SGA President Katie Solomon.

“The hardest part is getting the message out to students but this year I really think we did a good job getting the word out via social media,” Solomon commented. “We always appreciate the amount of people that come out and we know that they have a good time. The rain hit us hard at the beginning but we just moved things inside and I really think that sometimes helps unites people since they are all together in one place.”

Students gathered together to celebrate Homecoming at the fourth annual Pregame Party. Even though the party had to be moved indoors, it still went off without a hitch.
Madi Peyton
Students show off their North Penn spirit together at the fifth annual Homecoming Pregame Party. Even though the party had to be moved indoors, it still went off without a hitch.

After the Pregame Party, students filed into Crawford Stadium to await the big half time reveal of the 2015-2016 Homecoming King and Queen. The stands were filled with students, families, and alumni alike to partake in this traditional North Penn event.

Katie Solomon and fellow SGA member, Katie Swanson, introduced the Homecoming Court as each member made their entrance on the field dressed to the nines.

Jake Bell and Hannah Alexander took second runner up for King and Queen, while Owen Nakatani and Dominique Mosley took first runner up.

Taking the crowns for Homecoming King and Queen were Chris Jeffries and Jamie Devine. Both students were elated yet humbled to have won such titles.

“It feels great to be in front of 3,000 students, I can’t even describe it. I feel blessed.” King Chris Jeffries said while proudly sporting his North Penn Football jersey.

Queen Jamie Devine was taken aback by her win for the crown.

“This is so overwhelming. It’s a great feeling to be recognized. I just want to thank everyone who voted. I think everyone deserves to feel special and dress up, and I’m just really happy right now.”

Following the crowning was a victory for the Knights Football team over Souderton with a score of 39-14 to finish off evening. Overall, October 9th began and ended with North Penn spirit, showing the true meaning of Homecoming.