Online News Day or Knight - Official news site of North Penn High School - 1340 Valley Forge Rd. Lansdale, PA

The Knight Crier

The Knight Crier

The Knight Crier

Nina Raman

Nina Raman, Features and Editorial Editor

"Many students at North Penn High School are fluent in the English language, but there are some who excel at writing in it. While many students dislike English for its use of symbolism and syntax, eleventh grader Nina Raman embraces all aspects of the subject, particularly writing. By writing for the Knight Crier this year, Raman will have an opportunity to exhibit her passion not much differently than how football players showcase their skills in packed stadiums on Friday nights," Sameera Rachakonda.

All content by Nina Raman
I Feel Pretty is empowering, hysterical, and an ode to everyone with insecurities. It’s a movie that actually makes you feel pretty, and that was the overall goal of it.

I Feel Pretty redefines the word beautiful

April 21, 2018
IMAGE DISTRIBUTED FOR SEVENTH GENERATION - Menstrual Products Right to Know Act supporters join a Womens Voices for the Earths womens health rally supported by Seventh Generation at the Capitol on Tuesday, May 23, 2017, in Washington. (Kevin Wolf/AP Images for Seventh Generation)

CODE RED: It’s an issue. Period.

April 20, 2018
Midnight Sun follows Katie Price as she battles with breaking the rules, her love life,and her life threatening disease- XP.

Midnight Sun is a movie to be left in the dark

April 5, 2018
Women with bright pink hats and signs gather early and are set to make their voices heard on the first full day of Donald Trumps presidency, Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017 in Washington.  Organizers of the Womens March on Washington expect more than 200,000 people to attend the gathering.  Other protests are expected in other U.S. cities.  ( AP Photo/Jose Luis Magana)

Modern day sexism that goes unnoticed

April 4, 2018
Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School survivors arrive at Leon High School in Tallahassee, Fla., Tuesday, Feb 20, 2018. Students who survived the Florida school shooting that killed more than a dozen students and faculty and injured others have created the Never Again movement to channel their anger and frustration. The students are in town to lobby the Florida legislature after the shooting by a former student that left 17 dead at their school. (AP Photo/Mark Wallheiser)

Stand up and Walk out against school shootings

March 13, 2018
Although the book Antisocial received many positive reviews, features and editorials editor Nina Raman found the book had many imperfections.

Antisocial Book Review

March 1, 2018
Editor Nina Raman lists the top 10 old T.V. shows that are better than the typical dramatic shows that are so  popular with todays youth.

Top 10 old T.V. shows you’ll want to binge-watch

January 24, 2018
Nina Raman reviews the Academy of Musics recent production of Les Miserables.

Hear the People Sing in Les Miserables!

January 23, 2018
IMAGE DISTRIBUTED FOR CUNARD - Hugh Jackman, left, and Michael Gracey attend as Cunard Hosts the World Premiere of 20th Century Foxs The Greatest Showman on board Queen Mary 2 on Friday, Dec. 8, 2017, in Brooklyn, N.Y. This is the first ever major motion picture premier to take place on board a passenger ship. (Photo by Stuart Ramson/Invision for Cunard/AP Images)

The Greatest Showman makes a Million Dreams come true

January 18, 2018
Julio Piloto, owner of General Gun Shop, left, shows customer Pedro Silva, of Homestead, Fla., right, a Glock 19 at a gun show held by Florida Gun Shows, Saturday, Jan. 9, 2016, in Miami. President Barack Obama announced proposals this week to tighten firearms sales through executive action. (AP Photo/Lynne Sladky)

The recoil of the gun debate: the truth about gun safety

December 21, 2017
FILE - This Jan. 9, 2013 file photo shows Taylor Swift at the Peoples Choice Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles. A new girl is coming to Foxs “New Girl”: Taylor Swift. A representative for the Grammy-winning singer said Thursday, March 28, 2013, that Swift will appear on the May 14 season finale of the hit show. (Photo by Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP, file)

Taylor Swift rewrites her Reputation

November 13, 2017
Nina Raman reviews the famous Broadway show, Waitress.

Reviewing Broadway’s gem: Waitress

October 22, 2017
Norberto (Rob) Rosa (left) and Waleed Yousef (right) pose with rescue dog Rosie.

Sociology class learns about New Leash on Life USA

October 10, 2017
Nina Raman reviews the 2017 remake of Flatliners and gives it a 16/20.

Reviewing the 2017 remake of Flatliners

Nina Raman, Editorials and Features Editor
October 1, 2017
Lion illustrates the reality of poverty for child, Saroo, and many more of the underprivileged as they try to live off the dirty and dangerous streets if India.

Why the movie LION changed my life

Nina Raman, Feature and Editorial Editor
September 23, 2017
Knight Crier staff writer Nina Raman provides her opinion on the recently released Beauty and the Beast.

Reviewing Beauty and the Beast

Nina Raman, Staff Writer
March 29, 2017
TGIT scenes that made you OMG

TGIT scenes that made you OMG

Nina Raman, Staff Writer
March 10, 2017
Top 10 highlights from the Grammys

Top 10 highlights from the Grammys

Nina Raman, Staff Writer
February 13, 2017
Staff Writer Nina Raman rated NBCs Hairspray Live a 27/30 that aired on Wednesday evening.

Reviewing NBC’s Hairspray Live

Nina Raman, Staff Writer
December 8, 2016
No more heartbreaks, just self love

No more heartbreaks, just self love

Nina Raman, Staff Writer
December 7, 2016
After heading out to film near Wissahickon, Tom Schmids and his fellow dudes decided to climb a cliff. Unfortunately, an unstable rock began to tumble down the cliff, Schmids going down with it. After a few weeks of recovery from injuries that led to hospitalization, Schmids returned to NPHS this Monday.

Dude, Tom Schmids is back!

Nina Raman, Staff Writer
November 30, 2016
Steven Kendikian, junior at NPHS, gives a friendly kiss to Olivia Kriwasch. With a positive attitude and smile on his face, Kendikian walks the halls of NPHS brightening his peers day.

Simple Smiles: Steven Kendikian

Nina Raman, Staff Writer
November 6, 2016
Load More Stories