Schulze nets 100th goal to cap off NP career

Siena Catanzaro, Staff Writer

TOWAMENCIN – Only the most elite can win 100 wrestling matches, score 1,000 points, win and score 100 goals. Many high school athletes attempt to accomplish this impressive goal in their respective sports, and on May 8th, Emily Schulze, a North Penn senior lacrosse player became one of few to score her 100th high school career goal.

“My coach was writing a letter of recommendation for a scholarship I applied for, where I had to send her my statistics from my freshman, sophomore, and junior year. I had no idea how many

I scored my senior year until she told me one day before our senior night game. My coach told me I had 94 goals and that I needed six more goals to make it to 100,” said Schulze.

Heading into the girls lacrosse senior night game on May 7th against Council Rock North, Schulze knew what was at stake. She ended the game scoring five goals, leaving her one more regular season game to score her 100th goal. The next night on May 8th, a few seconds into the game against Plymouth Whitemarsh, Schulze prevailed and scored her 100th goal. Her teammates came running onto the field with a big, congratulatory sign, and the fans were cheering loud.

“In the senior night game, I was very nervous because I had the sidelines cheering for me both my teammates and the fans, so that made me nervous. But in the Plymouth game I knew I had one more goal to make and it was exciting,” said Schulze. “Once I shot and I saw that it went in I couldn’t believe it happened. I said to myself ‘wow I did it,’ and my whole team came out with a huge sign, it was a really awesome feeling.”

Schulze, along with her teammates practiced every Monday through Saturday after school during the season. During off season, the Maidens played in many leagues while also having indoor workout sessions.

“Emily has worked very hard this season and that goal showed us just how hard. The entire team was rooting for her and supported her. We love her as a captain and can’t wait to see what she does with the rest of her lacrosse career at LaSalle University,” commented Schulze’s teammate, Nina Siegler.

Although the Maiden’s lacrosse season ended this past Tuesday, Schulze will continue playing lacrosse and practicing over the summer in order to prepare for her position on LaSalle University’s Division 1 lacrosse team.