Siena’s closing thoughts: what will your footprint be?

Siena Catanzaro, Staff Writer

Dear Knights,

As the school year is drawing to a close, and the commencement ceremony inching its way closer for the Class of 2015, the seniors have only a few weeks left to make their mark in North Penn. After we throw our caps into the air, our class will be remembered as being the class to retake the vocab final, being the ‘guinea pigs’ for Yik Yak (and almost every other app in the world), and being the class to exist without the cookie corner. Also, we’ll be remembered for being the class to win countless state titles, being the class to win the US Bands Championship, and for being the class to have Mr. Hynes as their last principal. As a whole, the Class of 2015 has left their mark every single day, but many students own footprints have been hidden or outshined by others. From now until June 11th, every senior has the opportunity to make a difference and leave their mark in North Penn High School.
How do you want people to remember you when they see your picture in the yearbook? Although many seniors want to sit back and relax their last few days of school, we must think about how each person will be remembered. With over 1,000 people graduating in the Class of 2015, many seniors will either be forgotten or distant from our memory.

With these few weeks left at North Penn, it’s time for every senior to make the effort to get to know other seniors before they just become a face in your yearbook. Our classmates should be a living memory, not just a picture. We only experience high school once; we only get to call ourselves a North Penn student once. North Penn high school has given us many opportunities to join clubs, participate in sports and more, and ever since we entered North Penn as scared sophomores, North Penn gave us a gift. The gift to meet a 1,000 new people, and make 1,000 connections that could possibly help you in the future.

In this day and age, whom you know is just as important as what you know.

What if you had an interview set up at your dream job and the employer was a North Penn graduate whom you knew? You would already have a connection and be one step closer to your dream job. This employer would revert back to the footprint you left in high school.

In thirty years from now, people will look back at their yearbook’s and remember how that person made them feel. “Oh, I remember Sarah, she was really nice.” People tend to remember personality traits more so than any specific event.

Even if you’re a teacher or staff member at North Penn there is still time to make your footprint on the students’ lives. How do you want the students to remember you?

What’s my footprint you may ask? Well I hope to be remembered for my Sincerely Siena’s, and my involvement in school. I want people to remember me for being an energetic, outgoing social butterfly kind of classmate. I hope people remember me for that, and I think they will because that’s me. I haven’t lied or faked who I am. I haven’t pretended to be an outgoing person. My footprint is true and real and I hope that everyone else’s footprints share the true qualities.

With two weeks left until the end of the 2015 school year, what will your footprint be?

Forever and always

Sincerely,

Siena