Knight Likes

Knight+Likes

Molly Dooling, Staff Writer

Knight Like: International Women’s Day

This past Sunday, the world celebrated International Women’s Day. Annually held on March 8, the holiday celebrates women’s achievements throughout history and across nations. Inspiring and successful women are invited to speak at various events nationwide about innovation, the portrayal of women in the media, or the importance of education and career opportunities. This holiday is very important to the women who still feel the gap of respect and equality between males and females is too large. Celebrities even took to social media to show their appreciation for the holiday, posting pictures of inspirational women and achievements women have accomplished throughout the years.

Knight Dislike: Daylight Savings

Each Spring, people all across the globe change clocks by advancing one hour so that light extends into the evening hours—sacrificing normal sunrise times. Typically, those who partake in daylight savings adjust clocks forward one hour near the start of spring and adjust them backward in the Fall back to regular time. However, with moving our clocks forward this spring, we lose an hour of sleep. Our bodies think it’s 5am, but in reality its 6am and time to get up for the day. This in turn catches up to everyone, causing us to become extremely tired due to the sudden change in our sleep schedule. I for one think it’s very hard to adjust to the time change, and I know I’m not the only high school student who misses that extra hour of sleep in the morning.