Debates, death top world headlines

A group of students from Ankara University march to protest the deadly Saturday explosions in Ankara, Turkey, Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015. Turkey has intelligence suggesting that militants originating from Syria were planning to carry out attacks in Turkey, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, speaking at a joint news conference with the visiting Finnish president, said Tuesday, but added that no groups were being ruled out in the investigation into a deadly attack on a peace rally. The banner reads:  We are mourning. (AP Photo/Emrah Gurel)

ASSOCIATED PRESS

A group of students from Ankara University march to protest the deadly Saturday explosions in Ankara, Turkey, Wednesday, Oct. 14, 2015. Turkey has intelligence suggesting that militants “originating” from Syria were planning to carry out attacks in Turkey, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan, speaking at a joint news conference with the visiting Finnish president, said Tuesday, but added that no groups were being ruled out in the investigation into a deadly attack on a peace rally. The banner reads: ” We are mourning.” (AP Photo/Emrah Gurel)

Kee Min, Staff Writer

128 Killed in Bombing at Pro-Peace Rally at Ankara, Turkey
According to the Peoples’ Democratic Party in Turkey, two bombings in the Turkish capital killed 128 people. The party also added that all but eight bodies have been identified. In a statement released in Sunday morning, over 160 people are still being treated in hospital, with over 60 in intensive care. Two suicide bombers blew themselves up by exploding 5kg of TNT.
For more information, visit:
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/latest-turkish-peace-rally-bomb-toll-rises-97-34413891

Hillary Rodham Clinton, right, smiles as Sen. Bernie Sanders, of Vermont, speaks during the CNN Democratic presidential debate Tuesday, Oct. 13, 2015, in Las Vegas. (AP Photo/John Locher)

Clinton, Sanders Dominate First Democratic Presidential Debate
Two top-polling candidates, Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders, were showered in spotlight during the first democratic presidential debate. Sanders focused on explaining his stance as a democratic socialist, and Clinton continued to defend the past and present controversies surrounding her. While the other three candidates had a chance to make their statements, it was mostly focused on Clinton and Sanders, the only two candidates polling over 1%.
For more information, visit:

Clinton, Sanders dominate first Democratic presidential debate

France President Francois Hollande, center, welcomes the four Nobel Peace Prize winners Mohamed Fadhel Mafoudh head of the Tunisian Bar Association, left, Houcine Abassi secretary general of the Tunisian General Labour Union, 2nd left, Wided Bouchamaoui president of the Tunisian employers, 2nd right, and Abdessattar Ben Moussa president of the Tunisian Human Rights League, right, at the Elysee Palace in Paris, France, Friday, Oct. 16, 2015. The 2015 Nobel Peace Prize went to the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet who steered Tunisia away from civil war and toward democracy after its 2011 revolution. (AP Photo/Michel Euler)

Nobel Peace Prize Awarded to Tunisian Civil Society Organization
The Norwegian Nobel Committee has decided that the Nobel Peace Prize for 2015 is to be awarded to the Tunisian National Dialogue Quartet for its contribution to the building of a pluralistic democracy in Tunisia. The Quartet was formed in the summer of 2013 when the democratization process was in danger of collapsing as a result of political assassinations and widespread social unrest. It established an alternative, peaceful political process at a time when the country was on the brink of civil war. It was instrumental in helping Tunisia establish a constitutional government with civic rights guaranteed to everyone.
For more information, visit:
http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2015/10/14/tunisia-nobel-peace-prize-resonates-across-middle-east

Vice President Joe Biden listens as President Barack Obama speaks about Afghanistan, Thursday, Oct. 15, 2015, in the Roosevelt Room of the White House in Washington. Obama announced that he will keep U.S. troops in Afghanistan when he leaves office in 2017, casting aside his promise to end the war on his watch and instead ensuring he hands the conflict off to his successor. (AP Photo/Pablo Martinez Monsivais)

U.S. to Halt Withdraw of Troops from Afghanistan
President Obama halted the withdrawal of American military forces from Afghanistan on Thursday, announcing that the United States will keep 5,500 American troops in the country through the end of his term in 2017. While the president stated that he was opposed to “endless war,” he seems to be heading opposite from his original plan of withdrawing all troops from Afghan. The American troop will have a size of 9,800 soldiers until 2016 and then decrease to 5,500 the year after.
For more information, visit:

FILE - In this April 30, 2012 file photo, Khloe Kardashian Odom and Lamar Odom from the show "Keeping Up With The Kardashians" attend an E! Network upfront event at Gotham Hall in New York. Odom, the former NBA star and reality TV personality embraced by teammates and fans alike for his humble approach to fame, was hospitalized and his estranged wife Khloe Kardashian is by his side, after being found unresponsive in a Nevada brothel where he had been staying for days. (AP Photo/Evan Agostini, File)
FILE – In this April 30, 2012 file photo, Khloe Kardashian Odom and Lamar Odom from the show “Keeping Up With The Kardashians” attend an E! Network upfront event at Gotham Hall in New York. Odom, the former NBA star and reality TV personality embraced by teammates and fans alike for his humble approach to fame, was hospitalized and his estranged wife Khloe Kardashian is by his side, after being found unresponsive in a Nevada brothel where he had been staying for days. (AP Photo/Evan Agostini, File)

Lamar Odom Fighting for His Life
Former NBA star and reality TV personality Lamar Odom was found unconscious in a Nevada brothel. Odom reportedly spent $75,000 over three days, mostly on recreational drugs and prostitutes. He was found with pinkish fluid coming out of his mouth and nose. Even though Odom has signed the divorce paper with Khloe Kardashian, since the divorce has not been finalized, she will be making medical decisions on him.
For more information, visit:
http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/15/us/lamar-odom-condition/